Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri March 8, 2013
“I Was A Friend Of Hugo Chavez.” A Classmate Remembers A Latin America President
Rafael Simón Jiménez was a high school friend of Venezuela President Hugo Chavez, who died this week. As the country mourns, Dick speaks with him about what the leader was like as a young man and young politician. Rafael Simón Jiménez was part of the Chavez administration until they had a break over political ideals. He says Chavez loved baseball, but learned politics.
To hear the audio for this interview, visit The Story's website. Also in this show: the story of William Walker, an American who invaded Nicaragua; a musical trip to Brazil, Argentina and France; and a photo journey to Staten Island.