Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue March 13, 2012
Human Rights Conference
War crimes, violations of religion freedom and unfair labor practices are just a few of the many things considered by some to be violations of human rights. But what exactly is a human right?
And who grants it? Those are the questions the National Humanities Center in North Carolina is tackling in its new multi-year project, "Human Rights and the Humanities.” Its first annual conference is this Thursday and Friday. Host Frank Stasio talks about the conference with Geoff Harpham, president and director of the National Humanities Center.