Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri February 1, 2013
How a Team of Green Berets Fought an Ambush in Afghanistan
NO WAY OUT
A team of elite soldiers were sent into a mountainous area to capture an insurgent leader and were ambushed. Staff Sgt. John Wayne Walding talks about the attack, and how he and his team kept fighting while pinned to a rock ledge for six hours.
GUN STORIES:DEATH IN A NATIONAL PARK
Our series of conversations about guns continues with U.S. Park Ranger Margaret Anderson, who was killed on duty at Mount Rainier National Park. Phoebe Judge talks with her pastor and friend Jayne Thompson, who had spoken to Margaret about carrying a firearm in the line of duty.