Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue December 31, 2013
How Deflating: Huge Rubber Duck Goes Flat In Taiwan
Earlier this year, it was Hong Kong's six-story tall rubber duck that went pffff.
Now, there's word from Taiwan that another of Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman's floating works of art has collapsed.
The BBC reports that "the giant inflatable" burst suddenly Tuesday "in front of scores of people gathered on a quayside" in Keelung Port.
Organizers are apologizing and promise to figure out what happened.
As we've previously reported, Hofman believes his ducks promote "peace and harmony."
Related news: He's The One! Rubber Duckie Joins The Toy Hall Of Fame