Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- Have We Been Overestimating Flood Risk On The Outer Banks?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu February 7, 2013
How Climate Change Could Threaten The Food Supply
Climate change often sparks concerns over rising sea levels and melting ice caps. But its impact on agriculture could be just as devastating. A new report from the US Department of Agriculture highlights the potential problems and how farmers will have to adapt. Host Frank Stasio talks about the report with Laura Lengnick, the Director of the Sustainable Agriculture Program at Warren Wilson College in Asheville and a lead author of the report; and Tami Schwerin, executive director of the Abundance Foundation in Pittsboro.