Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue May 15, 2012
In a new News & Observer series, reporter Joe Neff uncovered tough, unethical tactics that hospitals use to make money. Neff writes that hospital CEOs get big paydays while poor patients are subject to ruthless harassment from bill collectors. Host Frank Stasio talks to Neff about how North Carolina hospitals are making big profits and driving up the costs of health care for everybody.