Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed March 19, 2014
"Honor Diaries" Explores Violence In The Name of Honor
Women around the world experience honor-based violence ranging from forced child marriage to female genital mutilation. The documentary "Honor Diaries" features the stories of nine women and their fight against this violence in their own communities.
The film screens at The Varsity Theater in Chapel Hill Thursday at 7:30pm. Guest host Phoebe Judge talks with activist Zainab Khan; writer and producer Paula Kweskin; and Jaha Dukureh, a young woman who was inspired by the film to share her own personal story.
Here's the trailer: