Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- [VIDEO] Dinosaur Theft Suspects Turn Themselves In, Authorities Say
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Comcast 'Embarrassed' By The Service Call Making Internet Rounds
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue August 28, 2012
Home Away From Home In Bismarck, N.D.
Originally published on Tue August 28, 2012 10:00 pm
In August 2004, Tracy Rittel was in a fatal car accident near Fargo. While Tracy battled for her life, her family had trouble finding a place to stay near the hospital.
From that experience, the Rittels created Tracy's Sanctuary House in Bismarck for families who find themselves in a similar situation. Since 2005, some 1,500 families have used the home.
A dozen volunteers "put their hearts and souls into making sure the house is kept up," says Tracy's daughter Kelsey Zottnick.