Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed November 12, 2008
Most traditions have plenty of people, history and folklore to back them up. Carolina barbecue is no different. A new book called, "Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue" explores the Tar Heel tradition - past and present.
Husband-and-wife team John Shelton Reed and Dale Volberg Reed join Frank Stasio to discuss the history, the folklore and the people behind the rich Tar Heel tradition that is Carolina barbecue. The Reeds have just released a definitive new book on the subject called, "Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue."