Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- Charlotte, NC: Take A Virtual Ride On The World's Tallest, Fastest Giga Rollercoaster (Video)
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed November 12, 2008
Most traditions have plenty of people, history and folklore to back them up. Carolina barbecue is no different. A new book called, "Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue" explores the Tar Heel tradition - past and present.
Husband-and-wife team John Shelton Reed and Dale Volberg Reed join Frank Stasio to discuss the history, the folklore and the people behind the rich Tar Heel tradition that is Carolina barbecue. The Reeds have just released a definitive new book on the subject called, "Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue."