Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed May 9, 2012
Holding Tops Coble In NC District 13
A former aide to the late Senator Jesse Helms won the GOP nomination in the 13th Congressional District.
Leoneda Inge: Former US Attorney George Holding beat out Wake County Commissioner Paul Coble. Both men have ties to the late Senator Helms. Holding was a former aide and Coble is Helms’ nephew. The 13th District was once Democratic-leaning, but not after redistricting. Democrat Brad Miller chose not to run for re-election. It’s unclear who Holding will face in the general election. Democrat Charles Malone got the most votes but he dropped out for health reasons and has said he will let the Democratic Party choose the nominee.