Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed May 9, 2012
Holding Tops Coble In NC District 13
A former aide to the late Senator Jesse Helms won the GOP nomination in the 13th Congressional District.
Leoneda Inge: Former US Attorney George Holding beat out Wake County Commissioner Paul Coble. Both men have ties to the late Senator Helms. Holding was a former aide and Coble is Helms’ nephew. The 13th District was once Democratic-leaning, but not after redistricting. Democrat Brad Miller chose not to run for re-election. It’s unclear who Holding will face in the general election. Democrat Charles Malone got the most votes but he dropped out for health reasons and has said he will let the Democratic Party choose the nominee.