Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- VIDEO: Discovered LIFE Magazine Photos Reveal Curious NC Tradition
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu March 14, 2013
The Hofmann Forest is referred to as the "crown jewel" of forestry research in North Carolina, and it’s one of the main educational sites for forestry students.
In January of this year, North Carolina State University's Natural Resources Foundation decided to sell the forest, claiming that income from the sale would trump its educational value. Renee Elder, a reporter for the News and Observer, has been following the sale of the forest and its opposition. She joins host Frank Stasio on today's program.
Business & Economy