Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Evelin Huerta: 'My Brother's Death Is Still A Mystery'
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu March 14, 2013
The Hofmann Forest is referred to as the "crown jewel" of forestry research in North Carolina, and it’s one of the main educational sites for forestry students.
In January of this year, North Carolina State University's Natural Resources Foundation decided to sell the forest, claiming that income from the sale would trump its educational value. Renee Elder, a reporter for the News and Observer, has been following the sale of the forest and its opposition. She joins host Frank Stasio on today's program.
Business & Economy