Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri April 15, 2011
In His Own Voice
Simon Estes was part of the first generation of African-Americans to break into opera. He's performed for numerous presidents and prominent religious figures, and he's worked with every major international opera company there is. Estes is the guest speaker this Saturday at World Voice Day, sponsored by the Duke Voice Care Center.