Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon December 3, 2012
His Holiness Comes To Twitter: Pope Benedict Is '@Pontifex'
Originally published on Mon December 3, 2012 12:29 pm
Starting Dec. 12, the Vatican says, Pope Benedict XVI will be on Twitter to answer questions about faith.
His Holiness will be posting as @Pontifex.
"The handle is a good one. It means 'pope' and it also means 'bridge builder'," Greg Burke, senior media adviser to the Vatican, tells Reuters.
Can he say a lot in 140 characters or less?
Well, the Vatican does have each of the Ten Commandments coming in under that length here:
"1. I am the LORD your God: you shall not have strange Gods before me.
"2. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
"3. Remember to keep holy the LORD'S Day.
"4. Honor your father and your mother.
"5. You shall not kill.
"6. You shall not commit adultery.
"7. You shall not steal.
"8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
"9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
"10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods."