Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu May 26, 2011
High School Gets DC Speaker
Wayne Early Middle College High School will hold its graduation tonight in Goldsboro. The school is one of many early college high schools graduating students who already have some college credit.
About 1300 students will graduate from the state’s network of early college high schools. 60 of those students are from Wayne Early Middle College High School. U.S. Veterans Affairs Assistant Secretary Tammy Duckworth will speak in Goldsboro. The school had been a finalist in a contest to host President Barack Obama at graduation. That honor went to a high school in Memphis.
Duckworth is a veteran of the War in Iraq, where she lost both legs and part of her right arm.