Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri September 28, 2012
High Point Hospital Joins UNC Health Care
UNC Health Care is growing its network of hospitals with the addition of High Point Regional.
UNC will invest 150 million dollars over the next five years into the medium sized High Point Regional Health System. That 351-bed facility lost 11 million dollars last year. President Jeff Miller says this is a partnership that will help both providers and be beneficial to patients. "Right now the expectation from the public is that we will drive our costs down. This is certainly a key way that hospitals across the country are recognizing they can do that, through consolidation," says Miller.
Miller says there will be no layoffs as a result of the move and adds High Point Regional should help the UNC Network from a research standpoint. High point had several offers for a partnership but turned down more money to keep some control of the hospital under the current administration.