Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon March 26, 2012
Heels Fall to Kansas in St. Louis
North Carolina fell to Kansas last night in the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The Tar Heels kept it close for most of the game, trading leads until the last few minutes. James Michael McAdoo came off the bench to lead Carolina with 15 points. After the game, visibly crushed senior Tyler Zeller described the moment the Heels realized the game was over.
Tyler Zeller: It was a 4-point game and it quickly became 9. We had a time-out, and we still thought we had a chance then. We came down, they made great stops. We didn't make our shots. They came down and hit their free-throws, and once they hit double-digits it was tough. Under a minute, it's tough to be able to come back from that deficit.
Freshman Stilman White once again filled in for Kendall Marshall at point guard.
Stilman White: I mean, it hurts. I mean, this is a great team. We had great goals and don't feel like we quite achieved them. We played as hard as we could and just came up a little bit short.
The Jayhawks move onto next weekend's final four along with Kentucky, Louisville and Ohio State.