Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue June 12, 2012
Heading Out to Wonderful
The idea for Robert Goolick’s latest novel, “Heading Out To Wonderful” (Algonquin/2012), began in a barbershop in Greece. Goolrick sets the story in his native Virginia, unfolding a plot that begins very simply, with a stranger who walks into a small town and falls in love. The consequences of desire, secrecy and loss of childhood innocence come to fruition in the book and Goolrick joins host Frank Stasio to talk about his new novel and the relationship between passion and sense of place.