Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
This Is NPR
Tue April 2, 2013
Happy Birthday, Carl Kasell
Originally published on Tue April 2, 2013 7:03 am
Perhaps you've heard on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! that Carl Kasell, the show's official judge and scorekeeper, has a few magic tricks up his sleeves. The truth is, we didn't realize the extent of this skill set, until NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour asked fans to post photos of a trending meme on Facebook last week.
With the help of a few NPR staff members, Kasell revealed that he has amassed more power in his 79 years than most could have imagined.
Happy 79th birthday, Carl – you continue to blow us away with each passing year!