Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu June 30, 2011
Guilford County Finalist for Solar Farm
Guilford County is in the running for a massive solar power project.
National Solar Power of Melbourne, Florida has selected seven finalists for what it says will be the “world’s largest solar farm” – and Guilford County is on the list. Gail Vadia is a spokeswoman for the Greensboro Partnership – a community and economic development organization in Guilford County. She says National Solar Power has already been in contact with land-owners.
Gail Vadia: "We are not aware of which landowners those are, but we do hope to have a meeting with the company in the next week or so and learn more about that side of things."
The 1.4-billion dollar project will include twenty, 200-acre solar farms. Besides a good supply of un-developed land, National Solar Power is also looking for community and government support with tax incentives