Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue April 29, 2014
Governor Pat McCrory Endorses Republican U.S. Senate Primary Candidate Thom Tillis
Governor Pat McCrory has endorsed state House speaker Thom Tillis in the Republican primary for the U.S. Senate. He spoke earlier today in an appearance with Tillis at a sheet metal company in Raleigh.
"The more you get to know Thom Tillis, the more you realize he is a natural leader and he is a natural problem solver. That's nothing to say bad about the other candidates because they've shown some tremendous skills and attributes also. But Thom Tillis has more than passed the audition- he's the best person with the qualifications needed in Washington, D.C.," said the governor.
The political director of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce also spoke at the event. The Chamber is spending money on ads supporting Tillis and a handful of other Republicans across the country, including North Carolina.
Left-leaning Public Policy Polling released a poll this morning showing that Tillis is in a stronger position to avoid a primary runoff election.
The State of Things