Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue March 27, 2012
Get Your 1940 Census Data Here
One of the rules of the U.S. Census is that all names must be kept anonymous for 72 years. Historians, genealogists and demographers are eagerly awaiting next week’s big reveal of 1940 Census data - names included.
It’s a cause for celebration at the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, which is hosting a 1940 Census party. Host Frank Stasio finds out what we can learn about Americans during the Great Depression and what else is contained in this census from Joe Newberry, Beth Hayden and Rebecca Hyman of the Department of Cultural Resources.