Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu October 20, 2011
Gender in Sports Conference at UNC-G
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is hosting a national conference on girls and women in sports.
The three day event will feature speakers from around the country. Presenters will discuss practices for encouraging girls to be physically active, myths about muscles and strength for females in sports, and the role of nutrition before and after physical activity.
One session will examine strategies on developing a more inclusive locker room and open environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students. The theme of this week’s event is “Discovering Strengths Through Body and Mind”. The event is scheduled to run through Saturday.