Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu October 20, 2011
Gender in Sports Conference at UNC-G
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is hosting a national conference on girls and women in sports.
The three day event will feature speakers from around the country. Presenters will discuss practices for encouraging girls to be physically active, myths about muscles and strength for females in sports, and the role of nutrition before and after physical activity.
One session will examine strategies on developing a more inclusive locker room and open environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students. The theme of this week’s event is “Discovering Strengths Through Body and Mind”. The event is scheduled to run through Saturday.