Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue January 8, 2013
Being a geek isn’t what it used to be. Now it’s a sign of cool. But how do things change when geeks become parents? Chapel Hill resident Natania Barron knows all about that. She’s a gamer, a speculative fiction writer and one of the co-editors of Wired.com’s GeekMom blog. She is also the co-writer of a new book called “Geek Mom: Projects, Tips, and Adventures for Moms and Their 21st-Century Families” (Potter Craft/2012). Host Frank Stasio talks to Natania Barron about the state of geekdom.