Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fresh Air Weekend
Fri May 30, 2014
Fresh Air Weekend: Chris O'Dowd, The Nazi War On Modern Art And Cannes
Originally published on Mon June 2, 2014 2:26 pm
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
From The Screen To Broadway: Chris O'Dowd Takes On 'Of Mice And Men': The Irish actor was introduced to a large American audience through the film Bridesmaids. He's now playing Lenny in the revival of the theatrical adaptation of John Steinbeck's classic.
'Degenerate' Exhibit Recalls Nazi War On Modern Art: In 1937, two Nazi art shows aimed to teach the public to despise modernist art and show them what art should be. An exhibit at New York's Neue Galerie reunites works from both landmark shows.
Highlights From The Cannes Film Festival: The festival concluded Saturday. Fresh Air critic John Powers discusses the winners and the films that generated the biggest responses — both positive and negative.
You can listen to the original interviews here:
- From The Screen To Broadway: Chris O'Dowd Takes On 'Of Mice And Men'
- 'Degenerate' Exhibit Recalls Nazi War On Modern Art
- Highlights From The Cannes Film Festival