Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- How A Confederate Ironclad Warship Landed On The Bottom Of The Neuse River
- What Is The Remotest Place In NC?
- South By Southeast: 18 Environmental Journalists Travel North Carolina
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Around the Nation
Thu September 27, 2012
Florida Police Arrest Inebriated Horse Rider
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. After a few drinks, Charles Cowart decided to relieve himself in public. Police were called, and Cowart fled, galloping through a Florida town, snarling traffic and forcing a train to be stopped when he ventured onto the railroad tracks. Why was it so hard for the cops to catch up with him? Well, he was on horseback. Cowart's mounted escapade ended when back-up arrived. His dad. His father knocked him off the horse and police took him into custody. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.