Revisions to the state's tax code mean filers in 2014 could see changes to their exemptions, deductions and overall tax payments. Here are five key facts about the changes:
- When you go to the movies, sporting event or concert, starting January 1, sales tax will apply to your tickets.
- You can no longer deduct contributions to a College Savings Program. If you have a 529 plan to set aside for a child’s college tuition, you will no longer receive a tax deduction for your contribution.
- You can no longer claim a child care deduction.
- If you are retired, you will no longer be able to write off the first $2,000 of your pension.
- All taxpayers are required to fill out a withholding form before the end of the year.
Reporter John Frank covers the changes to the tax code for The News and Obsever. Read more of his reporting.