Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed October 24, 2012
Final Gubernatorial Debate Tonight
Tonight marks the third and final gubernatorial debate between Republican Pat McCrory and Democrat Walter Dalton.
Through two debates the major party candidates for governor haven’t agreed on much. McCrory has said he wants to lower corporate taxes, ramp up energy exploration and reform education. Dalton wants to restore cuts to public education, maintain the Racial Justice Act and increase funding for community colleges. McCrory, a former seven-term mayor of Charlotte, leads the Lieutenant Governor by double digits in the polls with less than two weeks before the election. Libertarian candidate Barbara Howe was not invited to participate in these forums. Tonight’s event takes place at North Carolina Wesleyan College in Rocky Mount.