Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed October 24, 2012
Final Gubernatorial Debate Tonight
Tonight marks the third and final gubernatorial debate between Republican Pat McCrory and Democrat Walter Dalton.
Through two debates the major party candidates for governor haven’t agreed on much. McCrory has said he wants to lower corporate taxes, ramp up energy exploration and reform education. Dalton wants to restore cuts to public education, maintain the Racial Justice Act and increase funding for community colleges. McCrory, a former seven-term mayor of Charlotte, leads the Lieutenant Governor by double digits in the polls with less than two weeks before the election. Libertarian candidate Barbara Howe was not invited to participate in these forums. Tonight’s event takes place at North Carolina Wesleyan College in Rocky Mount.