Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed November 13, 2013
Fewer Than 2,000 Sign Up For 'Obamacare' In NC
A total of 1,662 North Carolinians have signed up for a health plan in the federal marketplace.
That's according to numbers released by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Of the 30 states that have signed up individuals, North Carolina has the fourth most, behind Florida (3,571), Texas (2,991) and Pennsylvania (2,207).
In total, about 27,000 people have signed up for the federal plans, though roughly 80,000 have signed up through exchanges offered by their states.
The numbers are about one-fifth of what the administration was expecting to this point.
Business & Economy