Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed November 13, 2013
Fewer Than 2,000 Sign Up For 'Obamacare' In NC
A total of 1,662 North Carolinians have signed up for a health plan in the federal marketplace.
That's according to numbers released by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Of the 30 states that have signed up individuals, North Carolina has the fourth most, behind Florida (3,571), Texas (2,991) and Pennsylvania (2,207).
In total, about 27,000 people have signed up for the federal plans, though roughly 80,000 have signed up through exchanges offered by their states.
The numbers are about one-fifth of what the administration was expecting to this point.
Business & Economy