Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed June 5, 2013
Fayetteville Tech Opens Office At Fort Bragg
Fayetteville Technical Community College opens a new office on Fort Bragg Wednesday morning.
Officials from the school and the Army say the new facility will provide on-post admissions, testing, registration and advising services to soldiers and their families. Bill Buckner, the coordinator for military programs at FTCC, says the school offers about 33 different programs including classes in culinary arts, nursing and criminal justice.
"We moved from an older location to one that has centrally located to a spot where a lot of the soldiers and family members traffic through and have to go through a lot of their education process and so it really enables us to better support the family members and the soldiers," Buckner said.
Buckner says the school is also offering assistance to National Guard soldiers returning home from deployments in Afghanistan. A ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled for 10:00 a.m.