Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed March 27, 2013
A Family Unmade And Made Again
Mike Checuga was a 25- year old white guy and Victor was a 10 year old black kid. Mike adopted Victor and his family did not approve. As Victor became a young man, he drifted away from his adoptive father, and struggled on his own.
Producers Alex Kotlowitz and Amy Drozdowska capture the unfolding connection between a man and his adopted son.