Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed March 27, 2013
A Family Unmade And Made Again
Mike Checuga was a 25- year old white guy and Victor was a 10 year old black kid. Mike adopted Victor and his family did not approve. As Victor became a young man, he drifted away from his adoptive father, and struggled on his own.
Producers Alex Kotlowitz and Amy Drozdowska capture the unfolding connection between a man and his adopted son.