Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri January 3, 2014
Exploring The Roots Of Alzheimer’s in African Americans
One in nine elderly adults will be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. But if you’re African-American, that number almost doubles. A long-term study out of North Carolina A & T is beginning to shed some light on why. Host Frank Stasio talks to A & T biology professor and lead researcher on Alzheimer’s, Dr. Goldie Byrd.