Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue April 1, 2014
'Every Time I Wanted To Quit, You Always Pushed Me Back On The Track'
WUNC is in the midst of a yearlong examination of what it's like to be an educator, called the North Carolina Teacher Project. This week, we're returning to the My Teacher series, exploring what it takes to make a connection in the classroom by asking students to interview their teachers
WUNC's My Teacher series continues at Northern High School in Durham, where Katie Tran is a senior and member of the track team.
To many, Katie comes off as rebellious, but her math teacher and track coach Blake Rahn says Katie is just one of those students who's not afraid to be confrontational.
Katie talks to Mr. Rahn about his first impression of her, and how that changed throughout high school.
Katie's conversation with Blake Rahn is part of WUNC's My Teacher series. It's also a part of American Graduate-Let’s Make it Happen!- a public media initiative to address the drop out crisis, supported by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
Want to submit your own story about a teacher? We'd like to hear it!