Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon February 6, 2012
Emerging Issues Forum Takes on "Gen Z"
This year’s Emerging Issues Forum in Raleigh is taking a close-up look at the so-called Generation “Z.” The conference sets out to better understand and prepare this age group.
Leoneda Inge: Those in Generation “Z” were born in the1990s and many will be in college soon. They’re the first generation born into a digital world. But there are real obstacles like rising school debt. Anita Brown- Graham is the director of NC State’s Institute for Emerging Issues. She says there is a lot of interest in these young people.
Anita Brown-Graham: And I think as we have branded them, Gen Z people have really come to look at us for insights into who they are, what they want and how a state might be able to rally around them.
More than one thousand participants are expected at the forum including hundreds of Gen-Zers, the CEO of REI, the editor of Fast Company Magazine and more.
Watch the Forum live.