Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Mon September 3, 2012
Elon Poll: Romney Leads Obama In NC
The Democratic Convention begins today in Charlotte. The Democrats chose to come to North Carolina’s largest city to boost their chances here in the fall election. But as Dave DeWitt reports, at least one recent poll has Republican Mitt Romney pulling ahead.
The Elon Poll gives Romney a 4-point lead. The poll was conducted during the Republican Convention last week. It polled more than 1,000 likely voters.
Jason Husser is the assistant director of the Elon Poll. He says one reason Romney is ahead of President Obama in North Carolina is that a key group for the President is lacking.
"We still see a similar pattern, younger voters tend to be less enthusiastic," said Husser.
Romney leads the President 59-to-32 among white voters in North Carolina - among black voters, Barack Obama leads Romney 89 percent to 1 percent.