Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Mon September 3, 2012
Elon Poll: Romney Leads Obama In NC
The Democratic Convention begins today in Charlotte. The Democrats chose to come to North Carolina’s largest city to boost their chances here in the fall election. But as Dave DeWitt reports, at least one recent poll has Republican Mitt Romney pulling ahead.
The Elon Poll gives Romney a 4-point lead. The poll was conducted during the Republican Convention last week. It polled more than 1,000 likely voters.
Jason Husser is the assistant director of the Elon Poll. He says one reason Romney is ahead of President Obama in North Carolina is that a key group for the President is lacking.
"We still see a similar pattern, younger voters tend to be less enthusiastic," said Husser.
Romney leads the President 59-to-32 among white voters in North Carolina - among black voters, Barack Obama leads Romney 89 percent to 1 percent.