Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri February 25, 2011
Eldercare Home Launches in Chapel Hill
A Chapel Hill neighborhood is welcoming Orange County's first eldercare home. There's a special ceremony today to mark the opening. Paul Klever is executive director of Charles House Association, the non-profit sponsoring the home. Klever says residents of the Heritage Hills neighborhood actually approached them when they first heard about the idea:
"...and said we think this could be a very good fit for the kind of neighborhood we want to be.. and that neighborhoods can play a role and engender new models of care and continue to be a part of the lives of older people and to have them continue to be a part of the neighborhood."
The public is invited to attend a ribbon cutting and community open house this afternoon.