Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri February 25, 2011
Eldercare Home Launches in Chapel Hill
A Chapel Hill neighborhood is welcoming Orange County's first eldercare home. There's a special ceremony today to mark the opening. Paul Klever is executive director of Charles House Association, the non-profit sponsoring the home. Klever says residents of the Heritage Hills neighborhood actually approached them when they first heard about the idea:
"...and said we think this could be a very good fit for the kind of neighborhood we want to be.. and that neighborhoods can play a role and engender new models of care and continue to be a part of the lives of older people and to have them continue to be a part of the neighborhood."
The public is invited to attend a ribbon cutting and community open house this afternoon.