Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- [VIDEO] Dinosaur Theft Suspects Turn Themselves In, Authorities Say
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Comcast 'Embarrassed' By The Service Call Making Internet Rounds
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue June 25, 2013
Eight Years Old With An AK-47
Combat photographer Sebastiano Tomada filmed a video of an eight-year old Syrian boy on the front lines of the civil war, working alongside Free Syrian Army soldiers. The boy is carrying an AK-47.
Tomada tells guest host Sean Cole about meeting the little boy, who, in spite of his tough appearance, is with the Free Syrian Army because he has nowhere else to go.
Hear the full conversation at The Story's site. Also int his show: architect Raphael Sperry asks fellow architects to refuse to design prisons for prolonged solitary confinement, which he says are for "cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment;" and it took Debra Britt, a lifelong collector of dolls, more than 50 years to find one that looked like her.