Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Sat December 22, 2012
ECU Set for Saturday Bowl Game
East Carolina will conclude its football season today with a match-up against Louisiana Lafayette in the New Orleans Bowl.
Unlike almost every other major sport, college football has no playoff ending with dozens of games that are often sparsely attended and inconsequential. Proponents of the bowl system say it provides exposure for schools and a reward for the athletes.
Ruffin McNeill: "I believe in the bowl system. Now I also with that like the fact that they're getting to maybe a four team, or an 8 team, or even a 16-team playoff. But to do away with the bowl system I'm not with that at all, not for a second."
McNeill's team has been in New Orleans for several says, preparing for its game against Louisiana-Lafayette. The Pirates and Rajun' Cajuns will kick-off at noon.