Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Sat December 22, 2012
ECU Set for Saturday Bowl Game
East Carolina will conclude its football season today with a match-up against Louisiana Lafayette in the New Orleans Bowl.
Unlike almost every other major sport, college football has no playoff ending with dozens of games that are often sparsely attended and inconsequential. Proponents of the bowl system say it provides exposure for schools and a reward for the athletes.
Ruffin McNeill: "I believe in the bowl system. Now I also with that like the fact that they're getting to maybe a four team, or an 8 team, or even a 16-team playoff. But to do away with the bowl system I'm not with that at all, not for a second."
McNeill's team has been in New Orleans for several says, preparing for its game against Louisiana-Lafayette. The Pirates and Rajun' Cajuns will kick-off at noon.