Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- 'Too Good To Be True' - Hundreds Of NC Schools Offer Free Meals To All Kids
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon December 23, 2013
ECU Pirates To Take On Ohio In Today's Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl
In college football, East Carolina meets Ohio in the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s bowl this afternoon. The Pirates of ECU face off with the Ohio Bobcats. East Carolina had one of the nation’s best passing offenses this season and won nine games.
"We have an acronym called OPAAT – one play at a time – OPAAT. And we get better at one thing a day and yesterday it was routine plays. And to be successful in our bowl game we will have to make routine plays," said head coach Ruffin McNeill
ECU is in college football’s post-season for the seventh time in the last eight seasons, although they haven’t won a bowl game since 2007. ECU has a record of nine wins, three losses, and beat both UNC and NC State this fall. Meanwhile, UNC plays on Saturday and Duke does its bowling on New Year’s Eve. Kick off between the Pirates and Bobcats is slated for just after 2 p.m.