Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu August 1, 2013
E-Cigarettes Enjoy Perks Of Being Unregulated
Originally published on Wed March 5, 2014 12:38 pm
Electronic cigarettes are a nicotine delivery system that has a small but growing share of the tobacco industry.
However, unlike chewing tobacco and traditional cigarettes, electronic cigarettes are not regulated by the FDA or any other body. That means that electronic cigarettes can advertise on television.
John Carroll, Here & Now’s media analyst, fills us in on the growing trend.
- John Carroll, Here & Now media analyst and professor of mass communications at Boston University. His blog is Campaign Outsider and he tweets @johncarroll_bu.