Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed December 4, 2013
Durham Youth Death Sparks Protests
Seventeen year-old Jesus Huerta died of a gunshot wound in the back of a Durham police car last month. His death sparked protests outside of Durham Police Department Headquarters.
The case is currently under investigation by the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation. Huerta's death is the latest of several police-related incidents in the state. Some communities in the state have been responding to the incidents with accusations of racial profiling but police maintain they are following appropriate protocols.
Host Frank Stasio talks with News & Observer reporter Thomasi McDonald about the recent law enforcement-related shootings and the communities' response.