Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Wed May 2, 2012
Durham-Orange Light Rail Meetings
Durham and Orange county residents will get a closer look today and tomorrow at a proposed light rail transit plan.
Gurnal Scott: Triangle Transit is exploring light rail possibilities from Orange County through Durham and Wake counties. This first phase will have residents giving their input on the planned line from North Carolina Central University in Durham to UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill. Spokesman Brad Schultz says people will come to talk to planners directly at the meetings.
Brad Schultz: Folks will be able to see where they live. They'll be able to see where the stations are. They'll be able to point out some additional things perhaps we need to look at that we have not studied more in detail and that's what we'll be doing through the environmental process
Citizens who can't make the meetings can view plans online at our-transit-future-dot-com and leave their comments up until June 18.