Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Fri March 2, 2012
Durham District Attorney Removed
A judge has permanently removed Durham's district attorney from her post.
Jessica Jones: Judge Robert Hobgood issued the order against District Attorney Tracey Cline this morning. In his ruling, Hobgood says Cline's conduct brought her office into disrepute. The judgment comes after two days of testimony from Cline, who defended her actions. She was suspended from her position in late January, after Hobgood said she'd overstepped her bounds in attacking Durham's senior judge Orlando Hudson. Cline accused Hudson of misconduct, in lengthy filings saying Hudson's rulings had raped victims. Other judges ruled her charges were without merit. Tracey Cline is the second district attorney in Durham to be removed. Mike Nifong was disbarred for his conduct in the Duke lacrosse case several years ago. A couple of interim attorneys stepped in to head the office until Cline was elected in 2008.