Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- VIDEO: Discovered LIFE Magazine Photos Reveal Curious NC Tradition
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed July 27, 2011
Duke, Wake Tech Honored
Wake Tech and Duke University are two of the best higher education institutions at which to work. The national survey was conducted by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
Both schools are no strangers to being recognized as great places to work. Duke is making its fourth straight appearance on the annual list; Wake Tech is making its third.
The diversity of the executive staff was cited as one of the positive characteristics at Wake Tech. The Chronicle says 6 of the 21 members of the school’s Presidential Advisory Council are minorities – a ratio that mirrors the student body.
Duke is on the honor roll in the large university category. It has a relatively low faculty turnover rate of 4 percent.
Duke and Wake Tech were the only North Carolina schools to make the Chronicle’s Honor Roll.