Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Evelin Huerta: 'My Brother's Death Is Still A Mystery'
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu January 27, 2011
Duke Opens Large Solar Farm
One of the biggest solar farms on the east coast is now generating power for customers of Duke Energy. The joint project with Sun Edison is located in Davidson County. Jason Walls works for Duke Energy. He says the facility will generate enough electricity to power 26-hundred homes.
"Its a large site. The 200 acres actually contains over 63-thousand solar panels. Anytime you see 63-thousand of anything its a pretty impressive sight and to think that those panels are capturing the energy from the sun and converting it into electricity for our customers, its a pretty cool project."
Walls says the project is part of a renewable energy portfolio mandated by the General Assembly.
Business & Economy