Most Active Stories
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
- Back Porch Music Is Back On The Lawn: 8 Free Concerts In 2014
- Primary Heats Up For North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed November 13, 2013
Duke Health System Faces Changing Medical Terrain
The Affordable Care Act is reaching into every community in the United States.
The changes have consequences for hospitals struggling to understand how they fit into the new medical landscape. North Carolina is one of the states that rejected the Medicaid expansion provided for under the Act. The effects of that will be felt by the three hospitals in the Duke University Health System. Host Frank Stasio talks to Dr. Victor Dzau, head of the Duke University Health System, about the changing medical terrain in North Carolina.