Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- Academic Fraud At UNC: 'University Personnel Were Aware Of Red Flags'
- McCrory Says He'll Uphold Gay North Carolinians' Right To Marry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed June 18, 2014
Driving The American Dream
The 1957 Chevy was once the American Dream on wheels. It represented the easy life with backyard barbecues in suburban neighborhoods. But over time, its meaning has changed along with American values.
A new book, "Auto Biography: A Classic Car, An Outlaw Motorhead, and 57 Years of the American Dream" (HarperCollins/2014), examines the evolution of American ideals through the lens of a 1957 Chevy and its 13 owners.
Host Frank Stasio talks with author and journalist Earl Swift. Swift is reading at Chapel Hill Public Library on June 26th at 4pm, McIntyre's Books on June 27th at 2pm and Quail Ridge Books on June 27th at 7pm.