Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- VIDEO: Discovered LIFE Magazine Photos Reveal Curious NC Tradition
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Arts & Culture
Wed July 25, 2012
DPAC Ticket Sales #2 in the World
The Durham Performing Arts Center finished the first half of 2012 in grand style. New numbers put DPAC ticket sales higher than New York’s Radio City Music Hall and the Nokia Theatre in LA.
Leoneda Inge: One of the shows that likely put DPAC over the top was you guess it “Wicked.”
Wicked: I hope you’re happy! I hope you’re happy now!
Leoneda Inge: The concert industry magazine Pollster ranks DPAC number two on its list of 100 top-selling theatres in the world. Number one is a theatre in Mexico City. Rachel Gragg is the Senior Marketing Director at DPAC.
Rachel Gragg: People from all over the Triangle as well as the Triad area are traveling to DPAC to see these shows and they’re having such a good time. Such great shows are coming to the venue that it makes fans and the community want to come back again and again.
The Belk Theatre in Charlotte ranks 26 on the Pollster list and for the first time DPAC’s downtown neighbor The Carolina Theatre made a showing in the top-100 at number 88.