Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Around the Nation
Wed July 10, 2013
Direct TV To Offer New Channel: Dog TV
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Starting next month, Direct TV will offer a new channel - Dog TV, 24 hour programming designed just for your pooch. The aim is to entertain dogs while they're home alone, and help them deal with challenging situations. The viewers will be exposed, in small doses, to stressful sounds, like doorbells and vacuum cleaners.
Humans, during prime time, some of the contents, certainly the commercials, are designed just for you and you're probably going to be the ones footing the bill. The channel does cost extra. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.