Most Active Stories
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
- Teens Help Turn Abandoned North Carolina Prisons Into Farms
- LISTEN: How A Refrigerator Gets Into A Manhole, And Other Raleigh Sewage Secrets
- Global Warming Skeptic Fills Science Seat On Coal Ash Commission In North Carolina
- Take A 3D Virtual Tour Of Proposed Light Rail From Durham To Chapel Hill
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Newport Folk Festival
Sat July 26, 2014
The Devil Makes Three: Newport Folk 2014
Originally published on Sat July 26, 2014 3:43 pm
A thumbnail description of The Devil Makes Three — "acoustic string-band music with no drummer" — makes its music seem old-fashioned, even quaint. But the California trio plays with boozy aggression and unhinged intensity. If there were a Newport Punk Festival (and, really, why shouldn't there be?), The Devil Makes Three wouldn't be out of place in its lineup, amplification be damned.
Hear the group perform as part of the 2014 Newport Folk Festival, recorded live on Friday, July 25 in Newport, R.I.
- "Beneath The Piano"
- "Walk On Boy"
- "Statesboro Blues"
- "Forty Days"
- "Gracefully Facedown"
- "Johnson Family"
- "A Moment's Rest"
- "Spinning Like A Top"
- "Worse Or Better"
- "Do Wrong Right"
- "St. James Infirmary"