Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Host, "All Things Considered"
Executive Producers and Hosts, "The People's Pharmacy"
Host, "Morning Edition"
Changing Economy Reporter
Digital News Editor
Back Porch Music Announcer & Operations
Host / Reporter
Fletcher Fellow for Education Policy Reporting
Assistant News Director
Host, "The State of Things"
Greensboro Bureau Chief
Web Producer & Back Porch Music Host @keithweston
Fri June 27, 2014
Despite Losing To Germany, U.S. Advances In World Cup
By Tom Goldman
Originally published on Fri June 27, 2014 7:59 am
The U.S. men's soccer team moves on to the World Cup's round of 16. They lost to Germany, but advance because Portugal beat Ghana. The team will get to rest a bit before playing Belgium on Tuesday.